Autumn leaves and the cold breeze that signal the change of seasons are great reminders to do roof maintenance and perform Fresno gutter repair when necessary. Your roof deserves extra attention before it gets all wet outside and the rain seeps into your home. The following tips will help you take proper care of your gutters during the rainy season.
5 TIPS TO KEEP YOUR PROPERTY GUTTERS INTACT DURING THE RAINY DAYS
- Regular Gutter Cleaning. Regardless of what residential roofing material or gutter system your home was built with, cleaning should be done at least twice a year. Give it a thorough clean in Spring to clear your gutter from acorns and seeds, and again in fall to clear up the leaves.
- Your Safety Is A Priority. Homeowners who attempt to climb ladders and trek their roofs several feet from the ground can end up in unwanted accidents. Wear thick gloves and protective eye wear for your own safety, and use a sturdy, standalone ladder for more stability.
- Clear Away Accumulated Debris. A Fresno gutter installation with or without leaf guards requires the most basic gutter care. Remove leaves, sticks, and all sorts of build-up using a garden trowel or by hand, with gloves worn, of course. Loose debris on the roof is also a fire hazard, on top of accelerating wear, creating blockages, and causing water to back up under the shingles.
- Check For Leaks, And Get Them Fixed. After removing all visible debris, use a garden hose to flush residues off the gutter and downspout while checking for leaks. A small gutter leak or clog can quickly escalate to serious property damage requiring costly repairs. So if you do discover a leak, seal it off with silicone or patch kit.
- Hire A Fresno Roofing Contractor. Roof assessments, especially on high and sloped roofing styles, can be very dangerous to maintain. Consider calling a Fresno roofing company that specializes in gutter maintenance to avoid injury and save yourself valuable time.
WHO SHOULD YOU CALL FOR FRESNO GUTTER INSTALLATION AND REPAIR
Roof PROs Roofing is a Fresno contractor that can inspect your roof and gutters, and provide the repairs needed to make it through the rainy season and beyond. Schedule a roof inspection today for worry-free living, rain or shine! You can easily contact us via our online contact form, or call (559) 408-6506.